|Yep, I'm wearing this bad boy to the opening!|
Tomorrow the show officially is open to the public, two days before the 'official' opening on Saturday. I can't quite believe all the days before this day have gone already and now there is only like two days before the actual opening and performance and I'm of course a little nervous. The things I'm nervous about are kind of valid:
1. What if no-one comes to the opening
2. What if everyone hates it
3. What if everyone who hates it talks about how bad it is behind my back
4. What if people I respect hate it
5. What if I say something dumb to someone cool
6. What is someone cool comes and they think it's dumbThe further University is behind me the more I worry about other people's opinions of my work, like when you're at Uni you have the overarching institution protecting you in a way "She's just a student" and stuff. Now I'm just an adult artist in the same pool as all the other adult artists, and it's a big pool with lots of big fish in it. I don't know why the fish are in the pool when they should be in the ocean, but you get the idea. It's tough! But not that tough if you get free booze at your opening and go out dancing after or something I guess.