The Vibes are totally spacey and unsubstantiated but I suppose that's how I feel at the moment. For me the Christmas period breeds conflicting feelings of loneliness and a need to be alone. I'm floating in the space that can't be breached between two north poles of two magnets. At risk of sounding positively tortured I'll move on - I have been watching some films on my list of films to watch over the holidays and reading lots of Ms. Edna St.Vincent Millay's poetry. These images are inspiration and imagination and include stills from films 'Juliet of the Spirits' (Giulietta degli spiriti), 'Fellini - Satyricon' and 'Grey Gardens' . The two black and whites are of Edna herself.
I also made a playlist that you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?60k8yox579vbw It's admittedly not my best compilation, most songs are coming from the same angle and I think whilst I am writing this I might actually be asleep. Is this the 60s? the 70s? Is this a dream?
1. Cry Like A Baby - Aretha Franklin
2. Tangerine - First Aid Kit (I did an illustration for this band's interview on Rookie. They're amazing)
3. I'll Be Yours - Hildegarde
4. Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Nico
5. Death Of A Ladies' Man - Leonard Cohen
6. Song To Woody - Bob Dylan
7. You Turn Me On I'm A Radio - Joni Mitchell
8. Way Over Yonder - Carole King
9. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go - Bob Dylan
10. Chelsea Hotel #2 (Live) - Leonard Cohen