Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Orange ya glad
Today was a beautiful summers day. I wore an amazing but VERY SHORT 60s smock dress. It has beautiful round pockets with little yellow bows on the front. It has little daisies all over it - you can kind of see in the above photo. Anyway I ventured into the city and wandered around a bit. (You can tell I'm on holidays this is sounding SO BORING) I'm obsessed with freshly squeezed juice at the moment since we started making them at the cafe' I work at - and there's this little place in Degraves Street in the city that makes juices with whatever you want in it. I always get carrot, apple and orange.
So, I had my orange coloured juice and an orange bag with a CD in it (I bought an amazing 3 disc Doo Wop CD) and I was like orange girl. When I was younger there was this lady from where we lived who always dressed only in purple and she had purple hair and everything. Purple lady. I didn't like her very much really. Anyway as I was orange girl today I was thinking about my friend Lucina from Uni who has a blog where she posts pictures of people who where like the one colour. It's really beautiful and lots of people from around VCA (The art school I go to) are featured on it. http://monochromos.blogspot.com/ It's a good one!
I have taken the liberty to make an 'Orange' playlist. Orange is a 24 degree day and drinking out of a straw making that slurping noise when you're trying to get the last drop of moisture out of the bottom of your polystyrene cup. Download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?4o89t848suga2
1. At Last - Ella Fitzgerald
2. Our Day Will Come - Amy Winehouse
3. Don't You Just Know It - Huey "Piano" Smith & The Clowns
4. Se De Boom Run Don - Mikey and Sylvia
5. The Man With The Lollipop Song - Carmen Miranda
6. My Sugar Is So Refined - Johnny Mercer & The Pied Pipers
7. I Wanna Be Like You - Phil Harris
8. The 81 - Candy And The Kisses
9. Lovey Dovey - The Clovers
10. I Don't Give A Darn - The Paris Sisters